“Services” means the products or services we offer to you through our Sites and other mechanisms.
Depending on whether and how you interact with our Sites, Services, and the degree to which we interact with third parties, we may collect a variety of categories of your information, including but not limited to:
- Contact information: your name, position, role, organization, telephone number, email and postal address.
- Business information: data identifying you in relation to matters in which you are involved.
- Your logon ID and password: for access to our Sites.
- Subscriptions/preferences: when you subscribe to receive marketing materials, other updates, briefs, newsletters or other information as well as consent preferences to help us identify which materials you are interested in receiving.
- Events data: attendance at and provision of feedback forms in relation to our events.
- Supplier data: contact details and other information about you or your organization where you supply stock/goods and/or services to us.
- Customer data: contact details and other information about you or your organization where you purchase or receive stock/goods and/or services from us.
- Social media: posts, Likes, tweets and other interactions with our social media presence.
- Information from public sources: e.g. LinkedIn and similar professional networks, directories or internet publications.
- Online data: information about your visit or use of our Sites, including URL clickstream information, information about your network, information about devices, nodes, configurations, connection speeds and network application performance, pages viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits and interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, mouse-overs) and whether you click on particular links or open our emails.
Do Not Track. Our Sites may, from time to time, collect information about your online activities, over time and across our Sites and other websites. When you use our Sites, third parties may also collect information about your online activities, over time and across different websites, online or cloud computing services, online applications, or mobile applications. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Sites do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a “Do Not Track” or similar signal.
We collect your information in three ways:
1. Directly from you when you do business or interact with us directly, including when you use our Sites, engage with our Services, or communicate with us in any manner, including information you provide:
- When you complete forms/documents (e.g., contracts).
- During face-to-face meetings.
- In email messages.
- During telephone calls.
- When you register or subscribe for accounts, electronic newsletters or other features of the Sites.
- When you make online purchases.
- When you enter any sweepstakes and/or contests.
- When you complete surveys.
- When you contribute to an open forum that we may have available through the Sites.
- When you submit a comment or question to us using a “contact us” or similar feature on the Sites.
- When you send us an e-mail, or in any other way submit information to us via the Sites.
2. Automatically when you access or use the Sites, or when you communicate with us, including but not limited to:
- Details of your visits to the Sites, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data.
- Information about your computer and mobile device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Interactivity with an e-mail, including opening, navigating, and click-through information.
3. From third parties, including but not limited to:
- Data analytics providers for the purpose of receiving statistical data about your activity on our Sites.
- Social media networks for the purpose of collecting certain of your social media profile information and activity, including your screen names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social media platform.
- Advertising partners for the purpose of tailoring our advertising and marketing to you.
- Non-affiliated third parties for the purpose of collecting your transactional histories with other third-party companies.
- Public sources, including local, state, and federal government agencies and departments, to facilitate your use of the Sites.
- From other people and third parties who may provide your information to us because you are their customer, director, officer, shareholder, friend, or family member.
Depending on how your information is collected, we may use it for a variety of business and commercial purposes, including:
- Business transactions: To buy, sell or supply services and/or goods.
- Product and Service Delivery: To provide our products and services including responding to, and fulfilling your requests, inquiries and order; fulfilling, shipping and delivering your orders; and improving and personalizing our products and services.
- Business Operations: To operate our business including managing suppliers and customers; creating, maintaining, and renewing your accounts; billing, accounting, and managing our supply chain; developing relationships with suppliers, customers and business partners; ensuring debts are paid; improving our internal operations; detecting fraudulent or illegal activity; monitoring and analyzing trends, usage and activities in connection with the sale of our products and services; conduct other business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement; and for any other valid business purpose.
- Product Improvement, Development, and Research: To improve our products, develop new products or features, and conduct survey, feedback and research.
- Personalization: To understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our products and services and personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see when you use our services or other platforms.
- Customer Support: To provide customer support and respond to your questions, process exchanges, returns, deliveries, recalls, and warranties.
- Communications: To send you information and notices about upcoming events, promotions, your account such as updates, order confirmations, delivery and pick-up notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Marketing: To conduct marketing and personalization and to communicate with you about our products and services (new and existing), offers, promotions, rewards, contests, upcoming events, and other information about our products and services and those of other selected companies: refer to the Your Choices section for details about changing your preferences for promotional communications).
- Advertising: To display advertising to you (refer to our Cookies Policy for information about personalized advertising and your advertising choices).
- Site improvement: To help us develop and improve the Sites, tailor the Sites to your interests, check our Sites are being used appropriately and to optimize their functionality, maintain our internal record keeping, update our operational and technical functionality, protect the security and integrity of Sites and our business including to protect our information assets and technology platforms from unauthorized access or usage and to monitor for malware and other security threats.
- Corporate Transactions: sharing data in connection with acquisitions and transfers of our business.
Depending on how you interact with us, and our underlying business and commercial needs, we may share your information both internally within Silver Fern Farms and externally with third parties.
Internal Sharing: As a global organization, we may transfer your information throughout our worldwide organization. Specifically, we may exchange your information within Silver Fern Farms and amongst its group entities in the USA, New Zealand, and other global jurisdictions (a) for administrative purposes and so that we can have a complete overview of your contacts and contracts with the Silver Fern Farms; (b) to offer you a complete package of services and products; or (c) for other purposes.
External Sharing: As a general rule, we do not share your information with third parties outside of the Silver Fern Farms family, except in the following situations:
- Primary Membership Accountholder: Each membership account has a primary account holder, authorized to add and remove additional household members and make account management decisions. From time to time, we may disclose account members’ contact information and/or aggregated purchase information to the primary accountholder. If you designated an administrator to manage your account, we may share contact information for account members with that administrator. If your employer purchased your membership as an employee benefit, we may share your name, address, and membership level with your employer.
- Service Providers, Partners, and Consultants: From time to time, we may share your information with various service providers, partners, and consultants located in the USA and elsewhere to help us with our business activities. One example is the third-party party we use to provide our e-commerce solution, Shopify. To learn more about Shopify’s privacy practices, please visit https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. In addition to Shopify, we may also share your information with various service providers, partners, and consultants for the following purposes:
- Allowing you to order products online and have them delivered;
- Billing and processing payments and refunds;
- Processing, fulfilling, shipping, and delivering your orders;
- Providing customer service and to resolve customer complaints;
- Identifying, investigating, and preventing fraudulent or otherwise unlawful transactions;
- Communicating with you or providing recall or emergency notices;
- Analyzing data or customers’ activity;
- Designing and/or executing marketing campaigns, administering promotions, and/or providing advertising services; and
- Investigating and resolution claims.
- Products and Services Offered by Other Businesses: From time to time, we may allow other businesses to make their products or services available to our customers, for example through joint promotions. If you choose to purchase products from these other businesses through our Sites, we may share your information with that business. The businesses that receive your information relating to these types of joint promotions or activities are responsible for compliance with applicable privacy laws, and you should confirm their privacy practices before you interact with their products.
- Corporate Events: From time to time, we may share your name with the delegates of any events we control by publishing it on the attendee list for the events where you have told us you plan to attend.
- Corporate Transactions: From time to time, we may share your information as part of a corporate transaction, including but not limited to a merger, acquisition, joint venture, sale of company assets, reorganization, divestiture, bankruptcy, or similar type of business transaction.
- Legal Obligations and Other Disclosures: From time to time, we may share your information with government authorities and to other third parties where required to do so by government authorities, enforcement and regulatory bodies or agencies, or where otherwise required to do so by law. This may include cooperating with law enforcement inquiries and other third parties to enforce laws, intellectual property rights, and other rights of third parties (as well as your own). We may also share your information in the course of investigating whether someone is causing injury to or interference with our or another person or entity’s rights or property, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities, or to respond to complaints or legal claims relating to the protection of the rights, property, or personal safety of Silver Fern Farm entities, shoppers, employees, or the public.
- Co-Sponsored Contests, Sweepstakes, and Offerings: From time to time, we may offer contests, sweepstakes, and other offerings on our Sites, which may be co-sponsored with another company. In those situations, we may share information we obtain from you in connection with the contest, sweepstake, or other offering with our co-sponsor, unless directed not to do so. In those situations, our co-sponsors may use your information for their own purposes, in accordance with their privacy policies. Silver Fern Farms is not responsible for how co-sponsors use your information. For more information about how you can controls this sharing, please visit the Your Choices section.
Because we have global business operations and interests, we may transfer your information out of your local jurisdiction or region. For example, we may store your information in the US, New Zealand, or other cloud service providers in a separate country.
We keep your information for as long as is necessary to complete the purpose for which it was collected, and to comply with applicable law. When your information is no longer necessary, we will take commercially reasonable efforts to destroy, delete, or permanently de-identify the information.
Depending on where you live, you may have various choices about how we collect, use and share your information. Please note, the choices you make will not apply to your household or any affiliate members associated with your membership account. Each household or account member must exercise their own choices.
Please note, for some of the choices below we may need to verify your identity before we are able to respond to your request. This may include using commercially reasonable efforts to confirm your identity by including matching the information provided in your request with the information we have on file about you. Depending on the sensitivity of the information involved in the request, we may also utilize more stringent verification methods to protect against fraud and ensure your request is fulfilled in a transparent and secure manner. Verification requirements will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
- Right to Update, Review, Correct. Regardless of where you live, you have a right to correct or amend information we have about you. You can update, review or correct your account information by logging into “My Account” on our Sites.
- Right to Know / Shine the Light. If you are a California resident, you have a right to know what categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the 12 months preceding the date of your request, including: (1) a description of the categories of sources from which we have collected that information; (2) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing that information; and (3) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared that information. You also have a right to know what information we have shared about you with third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the past 12 months. You may designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf by submitting proof of written authorization along with your request. For the purpose of this right, the phrase “personal information” is defined as any information that can identify, relate to, describe, be associated with, or be reasonably capable of being associated with a particular consumer or household. To exercise this right, please fill in the Privacy Data Request Form, or send an e-mail detailing your request, and providing the information you require for your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to Delete. If you are a California resident, you have a right to request that we delete your personal information (as that phrase is defined above in Right to Know / Shine the Light), subject to certain exceptions. You may also designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf by submitting proof of written authorization along with your request. To exercise this right, please fill in the Privacy Data Request Form, or e-mail detailing your request to email@example.com.
- Right to Opt-Out of Our Communications and Marketing: Regardless of where you live, you have a right to opt-out of receiving direct marketing from us at any time by: (1) changing your marketing preferences on your online accounts settings page; (2) clicking on the "unsubscribe" link included at the end of any marketing email we send to you; or (3) by contacting our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that if you opt-out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
- Opt-Out Of Cookies And Related Technologies: Many web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can set your browser to delete or reject cookies. If you choose to delete or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website. See our Cookies Policy for more details.
- Device Location Information: If you use our mobile applications that collect your device’s precise location, you will be asked to consent to the collection of this information. You can stop the collection of precise location information by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do, our mobile apps or some features may not work properly.
- Mobile Push Notifications / Alerts: We may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can stop these notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
- SMS (Text) Messages: We may send you SMS (text) communications if you consent to receive them, as appropriate under applicable law, for example for order and delivery status. We may also send you SMS (text) messages in case of emergency, urgent product recalls and other limited (non-marketing) instances as permitted by law. You can reply “STOP” to any SMS (text) message to cancel at any time.
- Right of Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you in any way if you exercise your rights under this section.
We treat the safety of children seriously when they use the Internet. Our Sites and applications are not intended for anyone under the age of 18. We will never knowingly request information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent when legally required. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 13 and has registered without the legally required prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her personally identifiable registration information from our files. We also have no actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of minors under the age of 16.
- CCPA Rights: If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") provides you with certain rights, up to a two year time limit, including the Right to Know, Right to Delete, Right to Opt-Out, and Right to Non-Discrimination. To learn more about these rights, see the Your Choices section.
- CCPA Notice of Collection: If you are a California resident, and would like to know more about the categories of personal information we have collected about California residents in the prior 12 months, and the sources from which we have collected that information, see What Information Do We Collect? and How Do We Collect Your Information? To learn more about the business and commercial purposes for such collection, including the categories of third parties with whom we have shared that information, please see How Do We Use Your Information? and How Do We Share Your Information?
- CCPA Notice of Sale: As noted above in Your Choices, we may sell certain persistent online identifiers about you by making said information available to certain third-party advertising and marketing providers. This information may include IP address, unique online identifiers, network and Site activity, and other related electronic information. For additional information about the categories of information we collect about California residents, how that information is used, and how that information is shared, see What Information Do We Collect?, How Do We Collect Your Information?, How Do We Use Your Information?, and How Do We Share Your Information?
- CCPA Notice of Disclosure: To learn more about the categories of personal information we may disclose about California residents, including over the past 12 months, and the categories of third parties with whom we may share that information, please see What Information Do We Collect?, How Do We Use Your Information? and How Do We Share Your Information?.
If you have any questions or complaint about how we use your personal data , please contact us by writing to our Privacy Officer, 283 Princes Street, Dunedin 9016, Dunedin, New Zealand, or by emailing: email@example.com.